What we do.
Find the truth.
Once you have identified a nanny candidate for your family, NannyTrack works with you to provide the most comprehensive background investigation possible using skills and techniques honed from two decades of experience performing background investigations on hedge fund managers for institutional investors. We work with each client personally to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information on your nanny candidate and ensure that all relevant searches are performed with the utmost discretion.
What we search.
The right places.
- Identification sources We confirm the candidate’s name(s), Social Security number, and date of birth, and establish an address history. (Once identification is established, we search all known surnames – including maiden names and aliases.)
- Litigation We search all county-level and federal courts (civil and criminal) in every jurisdiction in which the candidate has been reported in the last 10 years, and often further back if warranted and allowed by law. Nationwide searches are performed for bankruptcy matters and federal suits. We also search nationwide judgment and lien records, and databases of judicial opinions. International searches are also available for an additional fee; NannyTrack will advise whether available searches in jurisdictions outside the U.S. cover the relevant time periods.
- Department of Motor Vehicle records We verify that the candidate's driver's license is current and valid, review any restrictions and obtain a copy of driving records in available States. Vehicle registration is also verified where possible.
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) We search this national database for any matters naming the candidate.
- Prior employers We verify all prior employments directly unless instructed otherwise by you. During this process we also determine whether the former employer is willing to provide a reference.
- Education If applicable, educational credentials and attendance dates are verified.
- Interviews For an additional fee, our skilled interviewers perform reference interviews with former employers. Detailed summaries of our conversations are then integrated into our final report.
- News Our comprehensive news searches utilize Lexis-Nexis and additional news databases which include sources dating back more than 40 years.
- Government agencies Files of the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s master list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists, FBI Fugitives 10 Most Wanted, Most Wanted Terrorist, Politically Exposed Persons, and Interpol European Union Most Wanted (Recent Event Red Alerts) are also searched.
- Ownership records We review all property records naming the candidate. These records often also include mortgage information.
- Corporate records These records will show businesses established by the candidate or with which the candidate is/has been involved in addition to employment as a childcare provider.Back to Top
What you get.
Peace of mind.
The NannyTrack team is at your disposal to answer questions, mitigate concerns, and communicate exactly what will be searched.
Within five business days of initiating your request (and immediately upon the discovery of any adverse information) you will receive an update via phone or email.
A sleek, compact, easy-to-read narrative report is delivered in protected PDF format to your email by the 10th business day. Some interviews or litigation retrieval may remain pending at this time. We provide additional follow-up with our researchers who are always available to answer any questions you have about the information provided – at no additional cost to you.Timeline